By: Sarah Vandenberg
After interviewing 100 innovation leaders from a wide variety of large organizations, Darin was able to narrow down 15 best practices that you can use as a toolbox as you develop a solid innovation strategy and lead your team to success. A few highlights include:
- Recommendations for the best books on innovation
- Methods in design thinking
- Adopting Lean Startup Methodologies (even within larger organizations!)
- Use of the Business Model Canvas
- A focus on acquisition over invention to spur innovation
- Sponsoring startup accelerators or incubator programs within the community
- Implementing idea management software
Gain more insights in this post over at Innovation Training – and be sure to pick up a copy of Darin’s book, Innovation Step-By-Step: How to Create and Develop Ideas For Your Challenge!
About the author
Sarah Vandenberg is the managing editor of InnovationManagement.se. With a background in data and communication strategy, she works as a consultant with a variety of SMBs, nonprofits, and startups – you can learn more about her work at Vandenberg DC, and view some of her writing here on IM.se, at Frayed Passport, or at Volunteer Forever. If you are interested in contributing an article to InnovationManagement or have any questions about this website, please email [email protected] – and feel free to connect with Sarah on LinkedIn or Twitter.