By: Sarah Vandenberg
After interviewing 100 innovation leaders from a wide variety of large organizations, Darin was able to narrow down 15 best practices that you can use as a toolbox as you develop a solid innovation strategy and lead your team to success. A few highlights include:
- Recommendations for the best books on innovation
- Methods in design thinking
- Adopting Lean Startup Methodologies (even within larger organizations!)
- Use of the Business Model Canvas
- A focus on acquisition over invention to spur innovation
- Sponsoring startup accelerators or incubator programs within the community
- Implementing idea management software
Gain more insights in this post over at Innovation Training – and be sure to pick up a copy of Darin’s book, Innovation Step-By-Step: How to Create and Develop Ideas For Your Challenge!
About the author
Sarah Vandenberg is the director and managing editor of InnovationManagement.se, and the director of IdeaScale Crowd. With a background in communication and business development, she works as a consultant with a variety of SMBs and startups. In her free time, she serves as the managing editor of Frayed Passport.